Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 28, 2011

We are having a...


So today was the day I’ve been waiting for since the double pink line showed up on the pregnancy test. The special ultrasound you can have after 18 weeks to say it’s a girl or a boy. Of course there are the strange people (in my opinion) who prefer to wait till birth to find out the sex. They want to be surprised. I’m not one of them. I was surprised when I found out we were expecting again so soon. I will be surprised when I push the baby out and we meet for the first time to say hello. It is sort of like being given a pretty blue box from Tiffany’s (a favorite of mine) in March then told you can’t open till Christmas. So, you are just suppose to stare at the box till December wondering what’s inside. No, thank you.


We wanted to make the announcement special, and not find out in the exam room. This time around, instead of having tiny boy, or girl shoes, placed into a box, we bought two cute onesies. Finally the time came to find a location to sit and reveal the answer.


With Olivia, we waited till dinner. Alex and I went to a small Italian restaurant, with soft music, and intimate lighting. It really was a sweet experience. However, this time around, not so lucky. Living in MD means no longer having a selection of restaurants or cafes to choose from (at least none I’ve found or know of at 10:30AM). I started crying after we drove around for 30 minutes, “I can’t believe there is nowhere nice to eat”. The alternative idea, of taking Olivia into her playroom, and having the three of us open the box, was sounding pretty good. But 15 miles away from wherever we were, was a Panera Bread. Yup, thats right, our only cafe/bakery/decent restaurant option is a chain.


We quickly walked in, found a seat and turned the camera on. I had a quick second to fix my hair and ask if I looked ok. Finally I placed the white box next to me, reached inside and pulled out a...pink onesie. “It’s a GIRL”, so exciting! I could not believe it. We are going to have another little lady in our house.


I know it doesn’t matter if it was a boy, or a girl, but secretly we were smiling with relief . Maybe we’ve become comfortable with already having a girl so it’s familiar to us. Plus, the idea of spending weekends watching baseball or football games scared me.


Wow, a new baby girl. We have been so blessed with Olivia and her happy demeanor. It will be interesting to see how alike, or how different, the sisters will become. As for picking out a name...I still have four and a half months to go.


2 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed the reading and congrats to both you and Alex. You are wonderful parents and the girls are definitely blessed!

    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Adaline and Alex and of course, little Olivia. Very exciting time right now for all of you! Love sent your way, cousin Tiffany

    ReplyDelete