Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Guilty Time Waster


Over the past few nights I’ve realized I have a silly useless guilty pleasure, making online shopping baskets. No, not online shopping but adding items to a basket pretending I’m going to click purchase.


This sounds innocent enough no one gets hurt and no real money is used. It’s a “win win” situation. After I buy the latest People Style watch, I circle all the items that I should own, then find them online for a closer look. I get to browse Piperlime and view all of Rachel Zoe’s must haves. When I receive online sale notices from Gap, Loft, Nordstrom and J Crew I know I am really saving money. The shopping basket I’m creating is a bargain. Another good part is, I can close the laptop and leave my items setting in the basket for days. Taking my time to think about my needs. Stores only let you hold items for 24 hours. More time means the chance to search more sites and compare shop. I am really becoming the savvy shopper if I do say so myself.


Being a mom really cuts into time spent browsing at the mall. Some people get a nice 25 minutes before the kid starts squirming in their stroller and items start flying out. Unless a diaper needs to be changed you can forget about dressing rooms. Make sure the store has a good return policy. When a “free shipping” notice pops up on my email it’s like holding a cup of juice in front of my daughter, I’m on it. Free shipping takes away any guilt I might be feeling. I didn’t have to waste gas driving to the store and now I don’t have to pay extra for delivery.


There are some sites I purchase from on a regular basis, Diapers.com, Soap.com and Amazon. However, these are go-to sites for Olivia, when I don’t see visiting Target in my near future. Not to be a complete weirdo, I do occasionally buy for myself online, shoes, a handbag, or any other item that keeps calling my name. I just try to be cautious. You can take the shopper out of the store, but you can’t take the shopping away from the shopper.


No comments:

Post a Comment