Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 21, 2011

I am not a "Super Mom"


It’s true but I’m starting to realize that becoming “Super Mom” is not in the cards for me. Before I had Olivia I sometimes wondered if I could make the “Super Mom” team. How awesome I would be. Other woman would think, “wow, how does she do it all.”


Maybe there is a “Super Mom” handbook with a list of guidelines to follow. The book chapters may be something like this...

  1. Wake up in a positive mood everyday
  2. Stay organized without any help
  3. Get showered & dressed everyday (before noon)
  4. Give 110% to your children.
  5. Schedule the week full of activities
  6. Make sure your child’s daily menu includes all the food groups
  7. Keep television off limits until age two
  8. Always fit in personal “Me Time” (hobbies, reading, exercise or home business

The list above is why I will never make the “Super Mom” team and I’m ok with that.

  1. I get up at 6:15 everyday because my kid does and I’m not happy about it
  2. I’m halfway organized. Items may not be in their place but I know where to find them.
  3. Does taking a shower by 6pm count? Does staying in exercise gear count as getting dressed? At least I’m out of my pj’s.
  4. My daughter gets 100% and the other 10% is used playing on my phone
  5. We go to Stroller Strides, Gymboree, and the mall every week
  6. If veggie sticks, blueberry Eggos, and pasta can be eaten everyday then we are good.
  7. I try to limit television watching but sometimes Elmo & Barney appear when I need an immediate sitter for 20 minutes.
  8. “Me time”...what’s that? Hobbies- does flipping through US magazine count? Reading- Is great if I can stay awake for more than three pages. Exercise- that’s what SS is for and the step machine collecting dust in my room. Home business- I run my own day care for one child.

So, maybe I am a little jealous of those “do it all moms”. Good thing I will now be a mom forever so I can keep trying out for the “Super Mom” team. There is always going to be next season.


1 comment: