Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby #2 On Board


My husband and I had been discussing the idea of having a second child. He was all for sooner than later. I was thinking what does sooner mean? Once again whenever you start to think “WE” actually make our own plans, the Lord reminds us his plan is better.


Sometime around Olivia’s first birthday in November a baby was conceived. So my body was ready but my mind was far from it. I have had some time to think about the reasons I didn’t feel pure excitement once I found out we were expecting (alcohol may be one or two of them).


I was really starting to enjoy my daily happy hour with me, myself & I. The three people I can always count on to partake in a little wine time. HH usually started around O’s bedtime between 7 & 7:30. Unfortunately, wine was my writing motivator. After one glass the ideas would start to flow on to my laptop. Is that bad? I guess that’s why I have been slacking off in the writing department. On the up side, we are not spending money on bottles of wine anymore.


The second reason is Sushi. I love Sushi. For my birthday in November, we went to this yummy sushi restaurant. I was so excited to finally find a good place here in MD and was looking forward to many returns. Yes, I know pregnant woman can eat cooked sushi but it’s so not the same, and what about the sake? So sad.


The weather was definitely becoming cooler and I was loving my new Nike running gear. Cute cold weather outfit, perfect for running when it is 40 degrees outside and not to mention it fit so nicely. I was looking good on the run. It will now be awhile before I can squeeze myself into those pants again.


Olivia has a pretty good sleep schedule. She takes at least two naps a day and goes to bed at night without any problems. Say goodnight by 7:30 and hello at 6:30AM. Good sleep means good days for mama. Newborns have to eat every 3-4 hours..seriously. Bye bye sleepy time.


When I finally decided to use the pregnancy test my sweet husband bought me. I really did not want to look at the results. When you know, you know, and I knew. My period was six days late so I knew what that meant. Time to end all holiday drinking and the holidays were just starting. Not fair. Crazy that makes TWO holiday seasons in a row with no ‘medicine’. I miss my wine.


Of course my other thought was, “What about my little lady Olivia”. We are now at the fun personality stage and it’s getting easier to hang out together. Strolling around the mall and sitting down for lunch is somewhat enjoyable. All my attention and energy goes to her. Will the new baby receive less from me? I have always thought of myself as a little grinch. When Olivia was born my heart grew “3 sizes that day”. So I wonder can it really grow more?


Yes, there are bound to be a ton of silly selfish thoughts when you find out your life’s going to drastically change, again. I’m sure just like the first time, the results are priceless. To be blessed with another amazing child is worth missing drinking time any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment