Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 19, 2010

I never thought...

I never thought I would rather shop for Olivia than myself. "Really, it's true". I don't know how or when it happened. I knew our baby was going to be a girl and shopping would be fun. However, I didn't know if I had to choose an item for myself or her she would win. The sad part is, she has no idea what she's wearing and could care less. My baby girl is 4mos old and her only friends are Sophie a giraffe and Bow Jangles a wind chime rattle.

So, I' am now Olivia's personal shopper. I don't get paid for this job but I can take a ton of photos. She is a great client. She never complains, sizes go by age, I know what colors look best on her, and I make sure she is always dressed appropriately for the occasion (laying down in crib or stroller). I know one day she will be able to thank me for not making her look like a clown and not putting crazy prints on her. I try to be her voice and think about what I would want to wear at her age. Good thing most baby clothes are not expensive and there is always a good sale somewhere. Bad thing is babies grow so fast and may only wear an item once before it no longer fits. I adore baby shoes but they are just an accessory and not a need. Most shoes fall off within an hour of being placed on her chubby little feet.

Now, I do think about shopping for myself a lot but staying home does not require a huge wardrobe. Daily attire consists of basic T's, jeans, and flats. I do skim the style magazines to learn what's in and what's out just to pretend I need to know. For now it's all about Lady O. It's her world and I just live in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment