Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 11, 2013

Running my first full...

The day I've been training for, the past 10 weeks has arrived. I'll run my first full marathon tomorrow.

While on the pavement I've had sometime to really think about why I run and who I run for.  I became interested in running around 12 years old. I would run with my aunt & mom. I ran my first 5k wearing Keds because I didn't want to wait on the sidelines for my mom.  After running 5 half's and reaching a nice PR of 1:44 this year, I knew what was next.  Running is who I'am.  I'm not creative.  I don't have a career.  I'm now a stay at home mom with two little girls.  Running lets them know that mom can do more than have tea and dance parties.  More than get dinner ready and take care of them all day.  I can really do something for me.

There is nothing easy about running.  I've fallen a couple of times.  My knees ache once in awhile. My legs are sore at night.  My toenails are officially disgusting.  My husband has given up every Saturday morning of relaxing and sleeping in, to watch the girls and walk to farmers market (it's very cute).

Running gives me the chance to feel proud of myself.  Not everyone can run a long distance and I've always admired anyone who can.  I'm running for my parents (wish they could see me finish) I'm running for my husband (because he's with me everyday ) I'm running for my girls (I want them to know they can achieve their goals) and I'm running for me.  So I can enjoy more wine :) jk

No matter what happens tomorrow I'll know that I did it.  Nothing can take that away (accept for the rain that is expected).  Thank you Jackie @ fit sparrow for believing in me when we've never met. It's been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment