Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 13, 2010

Our family move

I always knew moving to the East Coast was a possibility, but I never thought it would actually happen. But when Alex was offered a good job opportunity back in his home state, Maryland, our family had to pack up and move. The move happened fast once the decision was made, and within weeks we were living in a new state.


I use to think living on the OTHER coast would be an adventure, exciting and fun..OH not so true. It’s been two months and all I can say is, “its been interesting”. We arrived during a very hot and humid summer. I’m not a fan of humid. Where is my beautiful San Diego weather? We are living 15 minutes outside of downtown Baltimore in a small historic neighborhood. The nearest Target is 12 miles away. Everything is so far. Where is my Friars road? I miss having all the simple needs 5 to 10 minutes away. Starbucks is the only coffee house option and the nearest one is at least a 15 minute drive. I’m not even a fan of Starbucks. Where is our favorite coffee from Peets? I couldn’t enjoy one single ice blended vanilla no-sugar added drink from Coffee Bean all summer. Dunkin Donuts is their Starbucks, its everywhere. Do I look like I eat donuts?


Positive side..My in-laws are very sweet and a HUGE help. They have a gorgeous victorian home with plenty of room for us. It’s as if we have a live in nanny. Alex and I can enjoy a date night at least once a week. After the medical difficulties Olivia had in San Diego, time out alone is so appreciated. For now living in a new city will take some getting use too. Alex is trying to settle into his job at a large firm and I’m trying to figure out my job as a stay at home mom. Both have long hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment