Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 6, 2011

Time for mama to make friends


It’s been almost a year that we’ve lived in MD and I’m failing at making friends. I lived in San Diego my entire life and always had friends. When I worked it was easy to meet one or two new people to connect with. I must admit, I wasn’t always a very good friend. I was terrible at calling and staying in touch. I would flake out on more plans than I followed through.


Lucky for me, I had/have true friends in CA. True friends are there for you no matter what. When you haven’t talked in awhile, no problem, you just pick up where you left off. Thinking about not having friends near me never crossed my mind.


Well here I’am a full-time stay at home mom trying to make sure my kid gets out of the house to see other kids. What about mommy getting out and seeing potential friends.


I did join a couple of mom groups through Meet-up.com. In an old posting I wrote about that experience. Not always so great. Honestly, I did meet one host who I connected with. So, now I just need to step up and put in some effort.


Making new girlfriends can be compared to dating. There is a list in your head of what your looking for in a potential relationship. When you click with that person you’ll know. Just because some woman gave birth to a child, or two, does not make her a new BESTIE.


Maybe my problem is, I REALLY miss my CA friends! Being able to follow them on Facebook doesn’t always help. I love seeing new photos and keeping up on their life. Following online can’t take the place of sharing a bottle of wine, looking cute when we go out, complaining about silly things, laughing out loud, and hearing their voices in person. Love you ladies.






No comments:

Post a Comment