Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Six months and counting

Happy to say we made it to 6 months. Most of our hair is still on our heads, but there's definitely a little grey now coming through. I had no expectations for this half year marker. For us 3 months was suppose to be the magic number, that got moved to 4 months, now 6. Once the colic and constant crying went away, I was content with whatever. A wonderful blessing is the fact that her ulceration on the lip has healed and she now has full range of her arms. Her chubby chipmunk steroid cheeks have reduced and she is holding her own at a sweet 16 pounds. My bicep curls are usually done with only 15 pound weights, guess I need to start pushing myself for more. I read somewhere that every household should have a 6 month old because it's such a fun time. "Really"?

Now, I'm not complaining but if you think about it trying to entertain a baby is sort of like talking to yourself and thinking your funny. I'm glad my baby pretends to pay attention and when she laughs, I like to think it's with me, and not at me. I can't sing to save my life, or anyone else's. I finally found a website with words to nursery rhymes but can't figure out what the tunes are. The only song I can confidently hum is the Jeopardy theme song. However, I can make up some pretty crazy lyrics for all activities, "the best time is bath time", "it's changing diaper time", "feed me please", and a crowd favorite "I'm cute so I toot". My days are REAL busy doing what, I have no idea? I just hope each wake time is enjoyable, goes by fast, then its nap time again and I can gear up for my next performance. The days of waking up slowly and hitting the snooze button five times are long gone. The boss lady, in the lavender room, tells us when its time to get out of bed, but she needs me to take her out of the crib..so take that little lady.

Trying to keep a 6 month old entertained takes up alot of time. I wonder how long till she becomes bored of staring at the ceiling fans. That is always a good time filler. Times are changing, there is no longer time for reading all my wonderful fiction books I'm too busy living in the non fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment