Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 14, 2010

Just a thought...2

So, I finally took my little lady to her first music class. I thought it would be a perfect way to see other babies her age and hear some nursery songs. (She sure won't hear them from me). Like most days, everything interferes with precious nap time, so I had to wake her for class. (Perhaps a sign of the future). I placed a new black & white dress on her, brushed a few strands of hair, placed the ballet slipper socks on her feet and off we went. I thought the class started at 12:15 but we arrived fashionably late at 12:20. However, when we walked in I realized the class started at 12. I felt horrible about being late, I'm a terrible mother, it was her first class EVER. I'm late for pretty much everything in my life and if I arrive 5 mins after I often consider that early.

Of course she has no idea where we are or what we're going to do. But as I looked around at our peers I noticed my baby is the oldest one of the group. (And the cutest, babies really leave the house in their sleep-n-plays)? I thought this class would have more 6 month olds, most kids were under 4 months. The biggest event was trying to get the babies to follow a paper towel roll with their eyes. "Umm hello, that is so 3 months ago". I knew my lady was bored when she found shoving her fist in her mouth more exciting. Oh well I tried. Before we walked out the door I asked the leader if we should be in an older class but she said, "well she's not sitting straight up on her own yet, so you should stay her". Is my baby already being held back before kindergarten? Why are more 6 month olds not in this class? We have a medical excuse you know. As a new mom you can't help but compare baby developments, it's our jo. In fact the only question I ever ask is, "how old is he/she"? I could care less what the child's name is, Jack, Emily, Sarah with an H, whatever..I just need age.

Happy to report my little one loved the big puppet Gymbo and that made the class worth it. We will return in cute outfits and hopefully with babies our own age.

No comments:

Post a Comment