Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 23, 2010

I never thought...2

Today was the first day we left Lady O with a sitter. I never thought, I would be that paranoid mom who panics the entire time away. Surprise, I'am. My agent called a couple of days ago to let me know about an audition in Irvine. This would be at least an 1 hour and 1/2 drive each way. Of course traffic is going to play a big part in the drive. My sweet husband offered to drive me (carpool is the way to go) and suggested we leave our lady with my sister & mom.

The idea was to spend time talking and enjoy the drive together. Did not happen. I could not even take a car nap. My only thought was "how soon can we be back home"? I really tried to focus on the audition coming up but it was difficult. I was so relived to see only 5 girls in front of me. A short wait means we would be back on the road very soon.

What did I think was going to happen to my baby. She would scream the entire time? She would wake after a nap and see I was not there when she woke? The ulceration on her lip would bother her and make her cry? She would be really gassy during a feeding and not eat? I really had no idea what could go wrong. Maybe it was just a case of the "mommy worries". Instead of making the drive enjoyable I made it miserable.

Once we made it back to by sisters house, I see my mom outside holding O in her arms. O just had a blank stare on her face and I could hear her saying, "mom I'm fine, calm down". Yes, for one afternoon I was that crazy psycho mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment